When you have a blog that you have been posting on regularly for a while you eventually run out of ideas. You have no ideas what you can blog about in your niche that you have not already covered. Your brain feels drained and you are sick to death of rehashing the same boring ideas over and over again. Well, why not kill two birds with one stone? Using name recognition is a sure way to get new readers and increase your blog traffic while also inspiring you to think about your blog’s niche topic in new ways. Name recognition means mashing two unrelated topics into one post. That means throwing in something readers are familiar with and linking it to what you really want to talk about. Here are some ideas for blog posts using name recognition:
1. Movies – One of the most common places to get recognizable names is from the movies. We all enjoy a good blockbuster hit, and a good movie will stay with us for many years. From cult favorites to the newest summer popcorn flick, a movie title or character added to a blog post topic is a great way to get people’s attention. Example: Ten ThingsDespicable MeTaught Me About Childcare
2. Television –Another great place to get recognizable names is from popular television shows. There are so many to choose from that it is easy to find one that would probably appeal to your target audience. There are also many hit series that stick around for multiple years, which means your blog post could get hits way down the line. That’s a great bet! Example: Why Jersey Shore Made Me Hate Fake Nails
3. Books – Unlike movies or television, books have been around forever. There are classic books that still resonate with readers centuries after they were written. Exploit this longevity for your blog posts or capitalize on the latest controversial book to drag in new readers. Example: What Fifty Shades of Grey Can Teach You About Clichés
4. Comics –Everyone loves a hero. There are so many films coming out about superheroes that it is not even funny. Use this new found popularity to your advantage. Pick a superhero, or super villain, that speaks to you and use the name in your blog post. You will be shocked by the attention it gets. Example: Five Reasons You Don’t Want to Be an Iron Man Boss
5. Celebrities – Everyone loves celebrity gossip and nearly everyone knows their names. From Marilyn Monroe to Justin Beiber, celebrities rise and fall in popularity. To make the most of your blog post, pick one that will hopefully stick around a while or has continued to be popular throughout the years. Example: What Ashton Kutcher Can Teach You About Social Media
These are just a few examples of the way that name recognition can be used to make the most out of your blog posts. It is an easy and fun way to get in new readers and increase your blog’s traffic. Try it out and see what works for you!
Ken Myers is the founder of http://www.longhornleads.com/ & has learned over the years the importance of focusing on what the customer is looking for and literally serving it to them. He doesn’t try to create a need; instead he tries to satisfy the existing demand for information on products and services.